Truck Accident Injuries
Experienced Roanoke truck accident injury attorneys who put injury victims' needs first
Injuries caused by truck accidents often turn people's lives upside down. In an instant, you or a loved one can sustain a serious injury that leaves you unable to move or work normally for weeks or months or even for the rest of your life.
Make sure you take your truck accident injury seriously right from the start. Contact Davis, Davis, Davis & Davis, PC, a firm that's been advocating on behalf of the injured and families who lost loved ones for more than 100 years. Our Virginia truck accident injury lawyers are committed to fighting for injury victims.
Founded in 1891, our law firm has proven track record of success. In case after case, we have consistently obtained sizable verdicts and settlements for injury victims throughout Virginia.
DISCLAIMER: The settlements and verdicts listed here represent a sampling of the case results pursued and won by Davis, Davis, Davis & Davis, PC. Please note that every case is different and these verdicts and settlements, while accurate, do not represent what we may obtain for you in your case. Nor does it mean that we win all of our cases - we don't.
One recent case result for a truck accident victim was a $100,000 settlement.
Don't wait for trucking companies to dictate what happens to you. Take back control. Contact us. Call (866) 434-1581 and schedule a free case evaluation. We're familiar with many of the common causes of truck accidents and we know how to build successful cases.
What are common truck accident injuries in Virginia?
Injuries caused by commercial trucking accidents cover a wide range. Some of the most common and serious ones we encounter at Davis, Davis, Davis & Davis, PC include:
- Head injuries - A head injury, or traumatic brain injury, is often the result of a traffic accident. A head injury can lead to a range of problems, including loss of memory, mood swings, aggressiveness and headaches. Symptoms of a head injury after a truck accident often include: loss of consciousness, bleeding, swelling and/or bruising of the brain (which may not be visible), coma and seizures, among other things.
- Neck injuries - Neck injuries often are referred to as "whiplash" injuries. Symptoms include neck pain and swelling, difficulty moving the head, and pain shooting from the neck into either the shoulder or the arm.
- Back injuries - Back injuries may take months or even years to fully heal. A common type of back injury involves a herniated disc. The disc (which serves as a cushion between the vertebrae or bones in the back) may rupture or irritate nearby nerves, resulting in pain, numbness or weakness in the leg.
- Spinal cord injuries - Spinal cord damage may lead to paralysis. In a truck accident, a victim's spinal cord may be damaged as a result of a blow to the spine that breaks, dislocates, crushes or compresses one or more of the bones of the spine.
- Broken bones - A bone break or fracture can range from a simple fracture (a hairline crack) to a complete fracture that occurs when a bone breaks into two pieces. Other types of fractures include incomplete fracture (a bone is partially broken) and a compound or open fracture, in which the bone tears through the skin.
- Internal injuries - Someone who suffers internal injuries may need immediate surgery. Such injuries often involve internal bleed internal bleeding, which means they can be especially deadly. Symptoms are not always apparent.
Whatever type of injury you or your family is dealing with, it's critical that you seek immediate medical attention. You can learn more on our page named "What should I do if I'm involved in a truck accident in Virginia?"
Why should I hire Davis, Davis, Davis & Davis, PC to help with my case?
Many law firms talk about what they can for injury victims. We believe actions speak louder than words. That's why we're proud of our case results and everything we do on behalf of injury victims throughout Virginia.
You're more than just clients to us. You're our neighbors and our friends. That's why we treat everyone like family at Davis, Davis, Davis & Davis, PC. But don't just take our word for it. Contact us and schedule an appointment today. Call (866) 434-1581.
Attorney William P. Davis has been practicing law since 1999 and has successfully resolved many truck accident cases. Fellow attorneys George "Tripp" Hunt and David B. Hart also have decades of experience working with clients on complicated car accidents.
Fatal Truck Accidents - how we can help your family
Accidents involving tractor-trailers often result in the death of a driver or passenger in another vehicle. These devastating accidents wreak havoc on family's lives. In an instant, you can easily lose a loved one due to the reckless behavior of a commercial truck driver.
We understand the flood of emotions you must be experiencing after such a horrific accident. That's because we have worked with many families throughout Virginia dealing with fatal tractor-trailer accidents. That's why we work so hard on such wrongful death cases.
It's important to contact us soon after your accident. We realize you probably want to take time to grieve the loss of a loved one. But it's important to understand that accident investigations need to be started as soon as possible. Typically, the insurance companies for the various parties involved in the accident will begin an immediate investigation. Their goal is to minimize the liability of the trucking company and the driver. They typically will scour the scene for any clues to shift blame away from the trucking company and the truck driver.
Don't take chances with your case. Take action. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can begin investigating on your behalf.
Our experienced Roanoke fatal truck accident attorneys have worked on similar cases throughout the state. We thoroughly understand the laws governing such accidents and we're eager to help. Call (866) 434-1581 and schedule an appointment today.